1) Casey Cox (@caseymco) a 6th generation farmer from Georgia is thankful for irrigation technology.
Our farm would not exist without access to water through irrigation. We are grateful for this resource and commit to using it wisely. July is #SmartIrrigationMonth!
— Casey Cox (@caseymco) July 5, 2019
2) Kansas Corn (@kscorn) and Cory Broad speak about the benefits of sub-surface drip irrigation in corn and alfalfa.
Have you considered sub-surface drip irrigation? Ray Flickner, Sedgwick County farmer, has been using the technology for 18 years, check out his story
on the Kansas Corn blog https://t.co/b4cOE7Asty #kscorn #smartirrigationmonth pic.twitter.com/MDnG3IkP8J
— Kansas Corn (@kscorn) July 9, 2019
3) ETwater (@ETwater) spreads awareness of technology to save water and keep your garden beautiful all year long.
July is #smartirrigationmonth typically the month of
peak demand for outdoor water use, and today #TechnologyTuesday highlights simple practices and innovative technologies to eliminate all overwatering waste for keeping our lawns, gardens & landscapes beautiful
and healthy #WBIC pic.twitter.com/4qw2xqwp2v
— ETwater, a Jain Irrigation Company (@ETwater) July 9, 2019
4) Jain Irrigation (@jainsusa) & EPA (@EPAwatersense) water sense suggests using a certified irrigation professional to reduce your water costs and consumption.
Irrigation USA (@JainsUSA) July 24, 2019
Go with a pro! To ensure that your in-ground irrigation system is not leaking water, consult an irrigation professional certified by a WaterSense labeled
program. Visit https://t.co/QWhpoRQjxl to browse WaterSense Directory of Certified Professionals #SmartIrrigationMonth pic.twitter.com/pe3N2vHnol
— EPA WaterSense (@EPAwatersense) July 11, 2019
5) Observant Australia (@Jain_Observant) tweets about Jain logic: a suite of field monitoring technology that growers trust. It delivers real-time data from sensors in the field to any internet connected mobile device, tablet or computer in an easy-to-use and intuitive interface.
JAIN Logic integrates with a number of supported devices to offer growers better in field understanding and decision making tools that help improve
their productivity and efficiencies. Here is a Jain Logic system utilising weather and soil moisture readings. #smartirrigationmonth pic.twitter.com/9tEjHcWrSa
— Observant – JAIN Irrigation (@Jain_Observant) July 19, 2019
6) WaterOne (@MyWaterOne) an independent, non-profit water utility creates this funny video for water bill awareness this smart irrigation month.
— WaterOne (@MyWaterOne) July 22, 2019
7) San Diego County (@sdwca) water authority shares these water-efficiency tips during #SmartIrrigationMonth.
San Diego regional water agencies are sharing water-efficiency tips during #SmartIrrigationMonth
Water saving tips: https://t.co/6JyUZMQ0vo
— San Diego County Water Authority
(@sdcwa) July 14, 2019
8) Kris Nightengale describes an irrigation system installation.
9) Richard Restuccia (@H2oTrends) answers the most asked question this summer.
— Jain Irrigation USA (@JainsUSA) May 2, 2017
10) Kevin Stewart (@kjs1_stewart) and Andy Belingheri (@AndyNVH2O) visit two amazing topics of water and conservation this #smartirrigationmonth.
— Kevin Stewart (@kjs1_stewart) July 29, 2019
Upper Basin States worry without water, growth can’t happen. BUT, you can have your cake and eat it too – through conservation #smartirrigationmonth
As Southwest Water Managers Grapple With Climate Change, Can A ‘Grand Bargain’ Work? | Nevada Public Radio https://t.co/HmPch2R5be
— Andrew Belingheri (@AndyNVH2O) July 29, 2019
11) Does smart irrigation month work? – Richard Restuccia (@H2oTrends) answers another important question.
— Richard Restuccia (@H2oTrends) July 16, 2019
12) UF/IFAS Miami-Dade’s Urban Conservation Unit (UCU) install’s smart controllers in Florida.
— UF/IFAS Miami U.C.U. (@MiamiUCU) July 9, 2019
13) DIY Greywater Irrigation (@grey4green) demonstrates this washing machine to show children to save water.
4/We also set up a demonstration typical household washing machine to show children how much washwater could be captured for reuse in a #greywater system. #greywater makes it possible to save on #waterbills while #growing food. #Smartirrigationmonth #agroecology #socialjustice pic.twitter.com/hbtpjLF1Td
— DIY Greywater Irrigation (@grey4green) July 22, 2019
14) The National Association of Landscape Professionals (@the_nalp) speaks about yearly irrigation checks.
#Irrigation systems need regular maintenance to keep them working
efficiently. Here are a few irrigation system checks to perform on a monthly, yearly or periodic basis to make sure clients are maximizing their
investments. #SmartIrrigationMonth https://t.co/ZPs7SLWabZ
— NALP (@the_nalp) July 21, 2019
15) City of Oceanside (@CityofOceanside) & San Diego (@sdcwa) water county reminds you not send your money down the drain this summer.
July is #SmartIrrigationMonth! Don’t send money down
the drain – water SMART & save $$ this summer. Many homeowners over #water their yard, wasting money and water every time their sprinklers run. Using an automated system is a great way to minimize water waste. #Oceanside pic.twitter.com/j7guRCPpNw
— City of Oceanside (@CityofOceanside) July 21, 2019
— San Diego County
Water Authority (@sdcwa) July 23, 2019
16) Select your plants “Smartly” this smart irrigation month by San Bernadino Water County (@sbcitywater).
— San Diego County
Water Authority (@sdcwa) July 23, 2019
17) Enjoying a free ETwater tumbler.
— DJ Caldwell (@JainETwaterMTN) July 24, 2019
18) Orange County Florida & North Plains GCD tweet about improperly scheduled controllers and the importance of having a smart controller.
#SmartIrrigationMonth Tip No. 4: SELECT. An improperly
scheduled irrigation controller can waste water and money. Update your system’s watering schedule to align with local water restrictions. @EPAWatersense pic.twitter.com/6AQOS9iOqm
— Orange County FL (@OrangeCoFL) July 30, 2019
Irrigation scheduling is the concept of giving plants the amount of water they need at precisely the time that they need it. Consider adopting precision
irrigation scheduling techniques to cut your on-farm water use. #SmartIrrigationMonth pic.twitter.com/cTB2zuiYQx
— North Plains GCD (@NorthPlainsGCD) July 23, 2019
19) Michael Derewenko shoots the next big Jain Smart Product video.
20) DJ Cadwell goes live on tv to explain about smart-controllers.
— DJ Caldwell (@JainETwaterMTN) July 26, 2019
21) Irrigation association (@irrigationassoc) injects some humor into this year’s smart irrigation month.
Smart irrigation tip: Watering in the early morning (between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.) saves money and water, while keeping your grass, plants and trees
healthier. #SmartIrrigationMonth pic.twitter.com/rpFMerCe6j
— Irrigation Association (@irrigationassoc) July 15, 2019