Hermit Crab 2 with Flow Monitoring
The ETwater HermitCrab 2 with Flow Monitoring upgrades conventional controllers to ETwater smart controllers.
In 10 minutes or less, this simple box converts many brands of conventional controllers by plugging into a smart controller. It’s the fastest path to an ETwater upgrade for your existing Rain Bird®, Rain Master®, Superior™/Sterling, Weathermatic®, Irritrol®, Toro® and Hunter® controllers.
- EPA WaterSense approved.
- Great value: make your conventional controller “smart” for much less than the cost of a new smart controller.
- With 20-50% water savings possible, payback can be just a few months.
Fastest Installation Ever
- “Plug and Play” installation in under 10 minutes.
- Compatible with most major controller brands.
- Remote monitoring + management via the web.
- Single-platform simplicity allows management of multiple controllers of various brands at multiple sites – all with the award-winning ETwater web-based system.
- Includes the most popular labor-saving features of ETwater Manager™, including water budgeting and rainfall forecast.
- Flow Monitoring capability, with full reporting on learned flow rates per controller and per station.
How it works?
1. Install the ETwater smart controller. Then, use the ETwater Manager online management system to set up your account by entering your landscape profiles.
2. Microclimate forecasts localized to latitude/longitude coordinates and cross-referenced to an exclusive hourly historical weather database.
3. ETwater servers access the weather data, compute evapotranspiration, and generate daily watering schedules for each landscape profile. Servers then connect wirelessly to ETwater smart controllers to exchange schedules and data.
4. ETwater smart conrollers execute daily irrigation schedules.
Hardware + Electrical
- EPA WaterSense approved.
- Dimensions: 7.9″L x 3.9″W x 2.0″D.
- Weight: 2 lb.
- Input voltage 24 VAC provided by host controller.
- In event of power outage, non-volatile memory retains all programming information indefinitely.
- Accepts 3/4″ conduit.
- Requires flow sensor.
- For outdoor use, the flow adapter may need to be enclosed in a separate NEMA box.
The ETwater HermitCrab 2 is compatible with most models of the following brands. Host controller must have a remote control port. See your distributor or visit www.etwater.com for details.
- Rain Master®
- Rain Bird®
How to Specify Hermitcrab 2 with flow adapter?
ETW-HC-2-FA HermitCrab 2 w/flow adapter
Plus, one of the following required host cables:
ETW-HC-H-CO HermitCrab host cable for Hunter® host controller (uses 3 wire remote connector)
ETW-HC-T-CO HermitCrab host cable for Irritrol® or Toro® host controller (uses RJ11 connector)
ETW-HC-IR6-CO HermitCrab host cable for Irritrol® or Superior™ host controller (uses 6 pin remote connector)
ETW-HC-W-CO HermitCrab host cable for Weathermatic® host controller (uses RJ11 connector)
ETW-HC-RB5-CO HermitCrab host cable for Rain Bird® host controller (uses 5 pin remote connector)
ETW-HC-RB6-CO HermitCrab host cable for Rain Bird® host controller (uses 5 pin remote connector)
ETW-HC-RM-CO HermitCrab with cable for Rain Master® host controller (uses 9 pin D type male remote connector)