Agrotourism is gaining popularity because several producers are successfully increasing profits by implementing agrotourism processes on their ranches.
By combining agriculture and tourism, agritourism offers new revenue sources and satisfies the heightened interest in food in the US today.
The benefits are many to both consumers and growers. We see more producers participating daily with on-farm farmer’s markets, garden tours, rural bed and breakfasts, demonstration farms, and U pick operations, to name a few.
Educating the public about where their food comes from is important to agriculture and irrigation. Each day water becomes more critical to agriculture, and understanding irrigation will be essential.
In this session, you will learn:
- The benefits of agrotourism
- Why agrotourism is beneficial to irrigation
- What the irrigation industry does to support Agrotourism
- Is it agritourism or agrotourism
- How your operation can benefit from agrotourism
We look forward to seeing you on Friday.