The Sustainability Summit is a 3-day virtual summit presenting sustainability leaders in the green industry. It looks at issues that affect everyone, whether you’re an industry professional or an individual consumer. It’s a collective of industry and business professionals who do amazing work, yet much of it goes unnoticed or overlooked, as much of the industry operates in silos.
What effects our gardens, effects our trees, effects our landscape, and effects our farms? It’s all connected. Consumers alike are concerned about climate change which can affect their choices, from the plants they buy for their gardens to having more sustainable landscapes, and seek to work at companies that align with their ideals.
In this webinar, Garden Comm Executive Director Chris Sabbarese reviews the nine speakers at the event and how attendees can best utilize the information they receive.
Here is a list of speakers:
- Richard Restuccia, VP of Water Management Solutions at Jain Irrigation – Agricultural Irrigation
- Danny Mishek, President of SelfEco/ Proven Winner – Compostable Plant Containers
- Denise Coogan, Environmental Partnership Manager |Subaru USA – Zero Waste Facilities
- Ben Wilenski, Director, Partnerships and Innovation | Arbor Day Foundation – Trees & Carbon
- Warren Gorowitz, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility | Hunter Industries – Sustainability and CSR
- Peter Wirgen – Chief Technologist | Simple Spring – Consumer Research on Sustainable Gardening
- Tania Marien Contributor to The Carbon Almanac – Inside the Global Network of the Carbon Almanac
- GardenComm Sustainability Committee – Our Role as Communicators in the Green Industry
- Lisa Stryker, VP of Marketing and Communications, National Association of Landscape Professions – Sustainable Landscapes