Your landscape holds millions of living organisms in the soil, and after clean water mixes with the soil, you do not want that water getting back into the drinking water system. Backflow preventers are the insurance policy to stop this from happening. Use is mandatory, and water managers need to understand the basics of backflow preventers to keep our water systems safe.
In this episode of the JAIN Irrigation Training Series, Daniel Martinez will teach the basics of backflow prevention.
During this session, you will learn:
- What is a backflow device?
- Why you need a backflow preventer.
- How to select a backflow preventer.
- Regulations and types of backflows.
- Types of cross connections.
- Backflow preventer costs.
- Service and annual maintenance.