Grass growing in strips between sidewalks and streets (commonly known as boulevards or parking strips) is not very useful but difficult to irrigate efficiently. As such, most of the water applied to these areas is wasted in overspray and runoff.
A smart and easy way to reduce water usage AND improve curb appeal is to “flip your strip.” In other words, convert from high water use grass and spray irrigation to low water-use native or localscapes and drip irrigation.
In this webinar, we’ll cover the basics:
- How to best remove existing grass
- Weed barriers – yes or no?
- Use of chemicals (both to kill grass and to control weeds after)
- How to deal with trees currently growing in grass – specifically how to protect trees and irrigate them, so they THRIVE post-conversion
- How to irrigate your new “smart strip” for success