Red roses are a symbol of love, yellow of friendship, orange of enthusiasm, white of purity, and pink of joy. Roses are beautiful but have a reputation of being hard to care for, hard to grow, and time-consuming.
In this webinar, Andy Belingheri will take you through a series of steps you can take to make your rose growing less labor-intensive, more enjoyable, and more successful. We will also spend time teaching the steps you need to take now to kick start your roses for spring and techniques you can use in the spring that will keep your roses looking good all year long.
In this segment, you will learn:
- Basic pruning techniques
- Fertilizer blend to ‘wakeup’ roses for a healthy spring start
- Key macro-nutrient components (NPK) and why each is important
- Source of nutrients and why that is important
- Key micro-nutrient components and why important
- Irrigating for success
- Know where roots are and how to get the water there
- Which type of irrigation method to use
- Benefits of mulch
- On-going maintenance throughout the season for a beautiful display