California produces 99% of the United States pistachio crop annually. This crop is the 5th largest agricultural commodity in California, with an annual value of almost $3 Billion. Nearly 25% of the trees are grown in marginal soils. Considering the drought and general water tightening in the West, pistachios might be a crop that is more desirable than ever. However, before pivoting to another crop or expanding what you already grow, there are many other factors.
Water management is one of the most significant considerations. This week we will have an in-depth conversation with Cory Broad about what it takes to successfully manage water for pistachios.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- If surfactants help manage water and are the savings worth the cost
- The overall outlook for pistachio planting and how this affects prices
- The most economical and efficient ways to irrigate pistachios
- How much water do pistachios need
- How much the tree and soil relationship matters for growing pistachios
This is going to be a practical session about one of California’s best opportunities for growers.