Members expect a lot from their associations especially during difficult times. These times may be the most difficult we have faced.
The Irrigation Association has been very proactive in helping members and this is an opportunity to learn about their progress and decide how you and your business can take advantage of the associations work.
Please join John Farner, Government and Public Affairs Director for the Irrigation Association, and Richard Restuccia, VP Water Management Solutions, Jain Irrigation, for a discussion about what the Irrigation Association is doing for its member during this abnormal time.
The Irrigation Association (IA) is the leading membership organization for irrigation equipment and system manufacturers, dealers, distributors, designers, consultants, contractors and end users.
IA is dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation technologies, products and services. The association serves its members and the irrigation industry by:
- Educating the public on sound practices and water management.
- Serving as a centralized clearing house for research and innovation.
- Improving industry proficiency through continuing education.
- Recognizing and promoting experience and excellence with professional certification.
- Lending expertise to water-use public policy at the local, state, regional and national level.
In 2010 the Association named July “Smart Irrigation Month” in order to promote water conservation in that month, which represents the peak water usage in the U.S. annually.