Telemetry is the automatic recording and transmission of data from a remote source to an information technology system for monitoring and analysis.
For water management, specifically, it refers to how you get the data you collect in the field to your software for analysis. Collecting useful data is essential for water management, and if the data doesn’t make it to your computer, your water management suffers.
There are a variety of ways to communicate field data to your computer. In this session, Jain helps you understand the various way to communicate and how to determine the best way for your specific situation.
During this session, you will learn:
- How to determine the best Ag Tech design for your farm
- What is telemetry, a gateway, node, etc. all mean
- Break down the difference between radio and cell and when to implement each one
- What are the pieces that make up a field site and a system as a whole
- What you need to design the right system to match your farm
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.